Evergreen Solutions was engaged with Miami-Dade College to conduct a Compensation Study. Evergreen’s consultants performed the following tasks:
- reviewed existing position descriptions to ensure they reflected the appropriate duties, responsibilities, qualifications and FLSA status and recommended changes accordingly;
- provided recommendations on the current salary structures;
- conducted competitive analysis to determine whether the College led, lagged or was consistent with the market;
- recommended new salary structures for non-instructional and part time positions that was internally equitable and externally competitive;
- assigned each position description to the new structure. Included, if determined by study, a list of position titles that were determined to be under or over classified;
- designed salary administration guidelines/procedures to assist the College in all compensation related actions such as job evaluations, hiring, promotions reclassifications, etc.;
- identified positions that could be grouped into job families/career levels that had similar skills, effort and responsibility for development of career progression; and provided an implementation strategy to include employee communications for an updated compensation and classification system.