Evergreen Solutions was engaged with the Kalamazoo Valley Community College (KVCC) to conduct a Compensation and Classification Study. Evergreen’s consultants performed the following tasks:
- evaluated staff and administrator jobs to determine if adjustments may be necessary;
- reviewed, revised and aligned current position descriptions as needed for benchmarking, also taking into consideration the corresponding essential functions, skills, abilities, education/experience, supervision received, licensing/certification requirements, training etc.
- reviewed the classification of all existing staff and administrator jobs and their current pay grades (i.e. grades 1-15);
- established appropriate benchmarking standards and conduct salary surveys as needed for similar positions with comparable local, statewide and regional Institutions. Analyzed and recommended changes to the present compensation structure based upon findings in market analysis;
- reviewed compensation related practices impacting progression on salary scales and provide recommendations for improvement;
- conducted overall review of total compensation system (including salary and benefits); identify potential compression and inequities in compensation; review administration of current system and provide recommendations for improvement;
- surveyed comparable compensation, recruitment, retention and engagement plans, recommending best practices;
- developed process and system for scheduled performance management; and
- developed systems to tie compensation to performance.