Evergreen Solutions, in association with Five Points Technology, provided the Florida Department of Health outsourcing services to fulfill the Department’s Public Health and Medical Preparedness and Response Consultant position.
As a function of this agreement, the consultant:
- reviewed the relationship of other community providers as well as local Emergency Management Plans.
- assured that exercises and plans were in keeping with practical aspects of the problem being addressed.
- attempted to formulate a building block approach to disaster planning that allowed for public and private entities to achieve success and not be overcome by the scenario.
- promoted the integration of rumor control into public information operations.
- worked with the projects’ already established local and state committees to obtain consensus on the planning.
- worked with project managers to obtain final approvals from the SWG and the DSOC, as appropriate.
- advised, when appropriate, the ongoing information exchange with other response partners, in particular hospitals, long-term care, fire/rescue, law enforcement, and education.
- worked with exercise design consultant in development of scenarios.
Evergreen Solutions maintained outsourcing contracts with other municipal government organizations.