Evergreen Solutions is engaged with Columbus Consolidated Government to conduct a Classification and Compensation Study and Analysis. Columbus is Georgia’s first consolidated city/county government, the second largest city in Georgia and is a recognized leader among its peer cities, and takes pride in its operational efficiency and the excellent quality of life it fosters.
Evergreen will conduct an external market analysis to determine whether the City is competitive with its peers. Evergreen will work with Human Resources and City leadership to review our classification and compensation structure and recommend comparable public and private survey markets. Evergreen will consider the compensation and benefits package received by employees with the City as it relates to both the external and internal markets. The City’s objectives for this study are to:
- attract and retain qualified employees;
- ensure positions performing similar work with essentially the same level of complexity, responsibility, and knowledge, skills, and abilities are classified together;
- provide salaries commensurate with assigned duties;
- outline promotional opportunities and provide recognizable compensation growth;
- provide justifiable pay differential between individual classes; and
- maintain a competitive position with other comparable government entities and private employers within the same geographic areas.