Evergreen Solutions was retained by Lansing Community College to provide Consulting Services – Human Resources. Evergreen’s consultants performed the following tasks:
- reviewed job descriptions, current classification definitions, current salary schedules, and the AFT union contract which may impact the study results (This also included review of division organization and staffing, as well as current personnel practices and policies that impact pay and performance);
- conferred with Human Resources, Executive Leadership Team and Union Leaders in order to review input regarding their views of compensation problems and needs, and to identify specific areas of concern;
- conferred with leaders in each of LCC’s ten divisions/work areas to better understand the nature of work performed by employees and the levels of responsibility and reporting relationships;
- prepared recommended pay grade and range schedules and assignments to pay grades for each class of work in the compensation plan; and
- provided consultation regarding job titles to ensure they are consistent within LCC and consistent with industry specific titles.